Thursday, October 30, 2014

Boo!

I am deep in the thick of reading Hannah Pittard's Reunion, and hopefully I'll get a review up this weekend.

I've been sidetracked a bit by Halloween -- in particular, I've been sidetracked by tween costume indecision. Today I spent my day making a last minute Black Knight helmet from Monty Python out of foam. This was tricky because of the problem that glue doesn't seem to work well on foam, and also because of the problem that I don't do crafts. Next year, I plan to give the kids a copy of this book from 1950:


In honor of Halloween, I'd like to leave you with a couple of booky links from the internets:

From Flavorwire, Famous Last Words: 15 Authors' Epitaphs

From Bookriot.com, 15 Awesome Bookish Jack O'Lanterns

Again from Bookriot.com, Bring Out Your Dead: 7 Nonfiction Books About the Science of Dead Bodies

And yet again from (last year's) Bookriot.com, 15 Adorably Bookish Pet Costumes (Because, awwww....I am so loving Scarlett O'Hara)

Blog poll: What is the best candy to eat while reading? Leave your vote in the comments section below.

2 comments:

Not Scott said...

So now I'm wondering if you've picked out your epitaph. I've always liked William Carlos William's "Tract," but its a bit long for a tombstone. I also like the end of Tony Kushner's "Angles in America"

"The world only spins forward. We will be citizens. The time has come. Bye now. You are fabulous creatures, each and every one. And I bless you: More Life. The Great Work Begins."

jennifer said...

I haven't picked one -- feels a little jinxy to me. But I do love graveyards and looking at all the quotes that people use. You'll have to let me know what you decide.